May 4, 2009

Enjoy life via traveling!

Little do I talk about trips in my blog because I have this embedded theory that “travel = getting out of Hong Kong + sightseeing + eating +leisure”. However, the more you grow up, the less chances you travel. Recalling the days that I studied in Nice, the South of France, every week is a holiday – from Paris to London, from Rome to Venice, or simply an aller-retour around Monte Carlo or Cannes – all those seemed so far away from me now. So, as I always say to my friends who are still studying – make the most of traveling when you study!

Working in a room, surrounded by a spectacular view of buildings (well, it’s the Science Park already so I am not complaining at all), the desire of “sortir” (literal translation to English is “exit” but “exit” simply completes the conveying message…) is high. Not only am I doing the traveling for the sake of getting miles and renewing membership, which is a fact for me and another excuse for another trip asap after the Swine Flu, but also is it an experience to relax and reach that “perception change” in a different environment which will revitalize and relax yourself.

Right, so this trip – Beijing. Sight-seeing was the theme this time because my dad had never been there and mum has not been in the place since the 70s. But this time it was a dead Citroen taxi that I want to share with you. We were at the top of Mu Ting Yuan, Great Wall – spectacular views of the Great Wall with green trees… but as we were hoping to descend and get back to the city, the internal electronics of the car system crashed and we were strained for 4 hours up in the mountain (from 2pm to 6pm). Lost is the time and the chance to view the night-time view Olympic stadium due to pre-appointments, but more do we see the beautiful sights of our great nature that we must not have been able to see and feel if we were to leave according to schedule. Lesson we learnt? Stop doing “check-point” visitation and admire what nature is trying to show you. C'est la vie!

No comments: